Thursday, August 19, 2010

My model of the Mobius Seaview

I have been a fan of the old TV series, VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, since I was a little kid, I had one of the original Aurora kits of the Seaview when I was a kid.

About a year ago, I managed to find the Mobius kit of the Seaview,  This model is 1/128th scale and is nearly 40 feet long.  It comes with a model of the mini sub, the flying sub, and diving bell as well as the command and control room for the sub.

Here are some photos of the model, including some of it with the diorama I built around it.

Me with my completed model of the Seaview.

Seaview and the beginning of a diorama.  The rocks I collected from a near by rail yard, to where I work.

Seaview and diorama being developed.  Did not end up using the large rock with the flying sub on it.

Here you can see the diorama as it is currently.  Actually, there are more rocks, I did not move, but this gives a better idea of the diorama.

If you look carefully, you can see the diving bell and the mini sub in this shot.

Detail shot of the aft boat and the flying sub.

Yes that is the mini sub there.  Some of the rocks I painted and some I left as they were.  I used photos in National Geographic for guides on painting the rocks and the display bases as volcanos.

Seaview head on.  That is an actual piece of rusted metal, I found near the rail yards close to where I worked.

Final shot, for now of Seaview and diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment